Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento Lx 4WD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have had my white 2006 Sorento LX 4x4 since December now. Its the LX Sport i think is what its called? I've enjoyed every moment of it! Anyway it is just over 138,400 miles and its beginning to show wear mechanically. First of all my friend pulled the passenger side, back door handle completely off, so I need a new door handle that's white, but the ones I find for sale are not painted. Any ideas? Second, when starting the car after its been off for a long period of time it squeals, i dont know if its the belt or what, but it usually stops after 5-10 seconds. And last of all, the handbrake does not work. So thanks for the help you guys can give me.

Thanks!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
I'm glad you're enjoying your Sorento. First, all the door handles I have seen that are new, need to be painted before install. The only other way would to be to get a used handle off a white Sorento. Second, The squealing is probably one of the three accessory belts. Speaking of belts, how is the timing belt??? Finally, The most common issue I've seen with the parking brakes on these is the pivot assembly on the rear axle housing seizes. If left for too long, there can be premature wear on the brake shoes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts