Kia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
06 Sportage V6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Sportage EX V6 with about 285000 miles on it. I have been having this issue where the car has little to no acceleration when starting from a complete stop, when attempting to pass another vehicle on the highway, or going uphill. The vehicle will eventually pick up speed and I can travel with the flow of traffic. My wife recently took the car on a trip and while driving on the highway the car lost all power (by this I mean the car lost speed and pressing the gas pedal did nothing)and she had to pull over where the car then stalled. After sitting for a few minutes the car started up and she was able to drive again. This happened a couple of times. I suspect its the catalytic converter but I am afraid there is more to the problem. I wanted to get your thoughts on what I could be facing when going to Kia to get it looked at. The check engine light is on and recent work involved replacing the power steering pump and hoses, a new radiator, and a new battery. Thank you in advance for your help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts