Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys first post here and I'm actually posting about my wife's Kia Sportage. It's a 2006 i4 with 60,000 miles on it. I almost thought the transmission was slipping at first but on second thought it doesn't seem like it in many ways. It's more like at around 25 mph it's almost like it shifts to first gear in error and it revs up to 3500 ish rpm then it "catches" itself and shifts to the proper gear. It seems like it happens it you are accelerating slowly and have to let off the gas and then get back on the gas again. Now I am not talking about hard on the gas then off and then hard on it again all it takes is a very subtle change in pressure on the gas pedal. She bought it used from the Kia dealer no warranty. The person before her had it serviced at the dealer and it has had it's tranny flush at the recommended times. No other symptom of a slipping auto tranny is there. Like increase in rpm with no increase in speed or long coast of abnormal shifts. I am wondering if this might be happening because the transmission has "learnt" how the other person drove and it "thinks" we are going to get on that gas hard so it down shifts. I highly doubt this but you never know so I chucked that question out there. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2009 Kia Sportage AWD 2.7L
4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked out the thread. Thanks for the link. I am now wondering if it is either the throttle position sensor or maybe it is shift "flaring". Seems to be doing it less but it still happens.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts