Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into installing a dash mount kit for my XM radio. In order to install it I need to remove the dash around the radio and heat controls. Does anyone know how to remove the dash? Detailed description would be nice. Pics even better. I have the aluminum dash. Are there any tools needed?? Also posted in sportage forum.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello!

These things are a breeze, you'll agree when your done. First thing is to remove the two outside trim pieces, which are secured by spring loaded retaining clips. The best method I have found to remove these is by using a thin flat object (I use a pocket flat blade screw driver) and insert it between the trim piece and the dash down low next to the center console. Once you have freed the bottom, gently work the trim outwards untill you get to the top of the dash, then the trim pieces pull slightly upwards, but mostly still outwards (toward the seat). Once these are removed on both sides, you will find four #2 phillips screws securing the "audio trim panel". Remove these screws and partially pull it out. Disconnect all associated connectors, and remove panel out of your way. Now you have access to the stereo, and that should get you to where you need to be! Hope this helps. You should be able to get to the radio in about ten minutes or less. All you'll need for tools is a small straight screwdriver and a #2 phillips screwdriver. Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts