Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2006 Spark Blue Spectra5 for my wife. It has ABS and cruise control for options. I was wondering if anyone had the new model yet and if so, what do you think of it?? Any of the same problems as the 05??

·
Registered
107 Posts
I haven't found that online, do you remember where you seen it. With the troubles my 05 trans has given me I can believe it. So, if thats true, then the 05 is a single year tranny... not a good thing.

d

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the front gound effects? Is it attached better, I heard the 2005 model falls off after a coupel bumps.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
It's more of a running change than a yearly change. Some of the later '05's have the new mounting system and some of the new '06's don't. Even so, if you hit something with your front bumper, the ground effect could still come off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got my Spectra 5. It came as a manual w/o ABS, but I love it. It is quick as **** and handles great. We took on a 950 mile road trip and got about 30-31 mpg, and seems to be getting better with mileage. The only thing that concerns me is that when it's cold, it kinda sounds like a crunching when I put it in to first. Is that something that is normal for a new car or should I have it looked at?

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra5
76 Posts
I just rolled over 600 miles on my spark blue 2006 Spectra 5. I love it! Only changes for 06 that I know are:
1.updated TCM logic to address the A/T harsh 2-3 upshift.
2.Moonroof additional support to address rattle/ wind noise complaints.
3.Updated SRS PDD settings for N A market.(occupants under 47lbs).
4. Some slight design improvements to the rear child seat anchors to possibly prevent the seat belt webbing from sliding.
Thats all I know of.

Only complaint I have is the floor vents for the heater dont seem to blow a lot of air in proportion to the face vents. My forehead sweats while my feet freeze, LOL
After a few minutes the interior is warm, its not an issue.

The only problem with the front lower facia coming off is when it's struck! yes they have improved the method of mounting the spoiler but you need to be aware of it or no amount of securing is gonna keep it in place, LOL.
this car has a LOT of front overhang...........drive accordingly when possible

Crunching noise? are you hearing the front brake pads grab cold? thats pretty normal in cold weather on any front wheel drive car, especially at a stop, in gear.
I'm assuming thats what your describing.
Or if your describing a M/T shifting noise? Try selecting another gear before 1st.
I used to simply put pressure on the shift lever in 2nd gear before selecting 1st or Reverse. Then it should drop right in w/o protesting.
When the trans is in nuetral and you put your foot on the clutch, the mainshaft inside the trans is still spinning from the engine, it takes a second to slow it down enough to engage a gear.
That may be the noise you hear, try shifting into 2nd or 3rd, then it should slip into 1st. If it only happens cold, 1st start of the day...........I wouldnt worry.

BTW "Everything" is standard on this car except: A/T , Moonroof & 4-ch. ABS.
Mine has A/T but no moonroof or 4 ch ABS.
Mine also came shod with 205/50-16 Good Year Eagles which was a pleasant suprise after PDI hundreds of Hyundai & Kia myself that had Kumho's or Hankook's.
What a nice little car !!!!

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Here is a link for your vent visors. The company is Kiapartpeople.com. I have ordered from them a few times and they are great. Just click on the 5 door. It says its for the 05 but Im sure its the same as the 06.
Spectra5 vent visors

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
5 Posts
My wife got me a 2006 Spec5 for my B-day, I absolutly love it. My Ford Aspire(made by KIA) died after 600,000 miles.

The Spectra is awesome. I bought a Sorrento for my wife in June. Now my daughter wants the Mojave in 2007. Kias for EVERYONE.

I am VERY impressed with my new white Spec5. I only have 375 miles on it so I will keep my fingeres crossed, :gunsmilie:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts