Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2006 Serento and the Electronic Automatic Climate Control (ACC) section of the dashboard seems dead. Nothing in the LCD, it just seems like it's off. None of the Temp, Auto, Off, Mode, Amb, Fan Up/Down, A/C, Defrost, Outside or Recirculate buttons do anything. :(

That Buttons above that section (Seat heat, defrost, emergency flashers) all work fine. So it seems limited to the climate control section. :)

Any thoughts on a fuse or aytning else that might cause this? :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My wife has a 2006 Serento and the Electronic Automatic Climate Control (ACC) section of the dashboard seems dead. Nothing in the LCD, it just seems like it's off. None of the Temp, Auto, Off, Mode, Amb, Fan Up/Down, A/C, Defrost, Outside or Recirculate buttons do anything. :(

That Buttons above that section (Seat heat, defrost, emergency flashers) all work fine. So it seems limited to the climate control section. :)

Any thoughts on a fuse or aytning else that might cause this? :confused:
Well, I don't know what fixed it, but it's fixed after I reseated all the fuses. :D

I had reseated the fuses inside the car with no luck (and made sure all of them were OK, even it if made no sense, and made sure they were not popped). Then I did the same with all of the fuses under the hood, and only after the effort under the hood did it start working. When I say I reseated "them" (under the hood) I mean I pulled, inspected and replaced the smaller "traditional" fuses. The other larger ones, I wiggled and verified weren't popped through the little window on top. I wiggled the relays too... I'm not comfortable with pulling those larger square fuses or relays, and I didn't have a tool for those fuses anyway.

So I'm still stummped as to what it was/is, because none of the fuse's names seem to make sense. Either the name didn't seem to include the climate control function, or those that might have referenced the climate section also included things that were working. So I'm still as confused as when I stated. Ugh on that part!!!

Any thoughts after that??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have suffered the same issue - for some reason, removing the top centre fuse in the underbonnet box resets something and the Air-con screen springs back into life.

Strange but true, you are not alone!!

Captain Scarlet

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento EX 4WD
13 Posts
This just happened to me this morning. Nice brisk morning (1 degree F), car starts fine and everything works except the climate control. When I get home I will check the fuses - well maybe over the weekend when it warms up a little.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Any thoughts after that??
It was probably "froze" like a computer would lock up. Pulling the fuse that fed it power to keep its settings, allowed it to "reset". Welcome to the world of computerized functions.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento EX 4WD
13 Posts
This just happened to me this morning. Nice brisk morning (1 degree F), car starts fine and everything works except the climate control. When I get home I will check the fuses - well maybe over the weekend when it warms up a little.
THANK YOU KIA FORUMS!!!

Checked the owner's manual and reseated the fuses that had anything to do with the front heating/cooling system. After reseating the ones by the driver's foot, nothing. After reseating the ones under the hood, success! Now have heat again!

Noob tip: in the fuse box under the hood, that white plastic thing is the fuse tool. It took some hurt fingernails and a read of the owner's manual to figure that out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this thread! Not sure if any of you are still here, but the climate control display died this morning (1F temperature). I found this thread tonight and set to work on the fuse box under the hood. For my 2005 Sorento, the 10 amp fuse labeled "Memory" did the trick. Pull it, reinserted it, and I have my climate control back!

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks

I had the same problem this morning. I pulled and re-seated the fuses under the hood and the controls came back on. Thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
2006 Sorrento EX
1 Posts
Climate Control Panel DEAD

I wanted to write this and thank all those who gave their input. I went out to my 2006 Kia Sorrento EX this morning and the climate control panel was DEAD. I thought maybe it was due to the fact that I left it out all night and it got down to 0F (yikes). I came in and did a google search for possible reasons, found this forum and because of everyone's input, I was able to re-seat the correct fuse (memory fuse 10amp) and VIOLA!!!!! it's working. Thanks everyone!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts