Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I need some help. My 2006 Sorento will not start. When you go to start it, it makes the noise that it normally does, but the engine never turns over. The battery died prior to this occurring, I recharged it and it started with no problem. Then it would have trouble starting up and would have problems with staying on. I would push on the gas and it would almost die, or die. This problem only occurred after I cleaned on the interior. I used my carpet cleaner and the upholstery and carpet got wet, but was sucked up as much as possible. I brought it to a garage and they can't figure it out. They thought it could be the fuel pump or alternator, but they were both fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Did the garage "pull" the engine's error codes? (OBDII)..
That would be a good start... These cars are run by microcomputers and they usually will report "problems" that they find.
You would have increased the humidity inside of the car and that can cause corrosion problems with ground wires bolted to the firewall or flooring...Something to check also.
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts