Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’m looking at a wheels and tyres package for my 2006 Sorento and found a good deal online for a package to fit the sportage of same age, do the sportage and Sorento have the same wheel patterns offset etc. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,882 Posts
Hi all, I’m looking at a wheels and tyres package for my 2006 Sorento and found a good deal online for a package to fit the sportage of same age, do the sportage and Sorento have the same wheel patterns offset etc. Thanks
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,697 Posts
No I don't think so.

·
Registered
2008 SORENTO EX
41 Posts

maybe...depends on year of the Sportage wheels...but the smallest wheel that came on the 1/1.5 gen Sorentos were 16in with 17in being an option. I think the largest wheels that came on the Sportage (truck based) were 15in...which may not clear the brake calipers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Trust me I've been looking too. The bolt pattern (139.7) is extremely rare and wheels with this bolt pattern are hard to come by. I would recommend a good, high quality set of adapters from 139.7 to something more common. This will give you a much wider range of options and add a bit of T H I C C N E S S to your Kia beauty

·
Registered
2008 SORENTO EX
41 Posts
That they also have a different PCD, offset, center bore and (possibly) number of studs could also be more relevant factors.
Actually, between the 1st (and 1.5 gen) Sorentos and first gen Sportages...the center bore and bolt patterns are the same, but yeah, the offsets and other measurements might be different.

·
Registered
2008 SORENTO EX
41 Posts
Trust me I've been looking too. The bolt pattern (139.7) is extremely rare and wheels with this bolt pattern are hard to come by. I would recommend a good, high quality set of adapters from 139.7 to something more common. This will give you a much wider range of options and add a bit of T H I C C N E S S to your Kia beauty
I tell you what looks good...there is a Sorento on youtube (from Greece, I think) that has what appears to be Suzuki Vitara steel wheels. The Suzuki wheels have a higher offset, but the bolt pattern is the same and you can get them in 16in size. However, the center bore on the Suzuki wheels are 108mm if I remember right. But you can get center bore ring adapters online. Those Suzuki wheels give the Sorento a wider stance and an aggressive look. I might look into doing that some day...you can get wheels fairly cheap at the local pick-n-pull place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts