Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sedona developed a leak in the PS pump. I also have a 2006 that I use for parts and it did not appear to be leaking. I switched pumps and now the replacement pump appears to be leaking from the exact same place. The oil inlet hose fixture that comes from the tank mounts with 2 - metric 10 bolts to the bottom of the pump. The oil can be seen leaking out of the place where this attaches to the pump. Of note is the fact that it did not leak when I initially installed the other pump but I turned the rack from side to side and then it started leaking.
As previously noted, this piece attaches to the hose and then attaches to the lower portion of the pump with two small bolts. Inside this pieces is a small round rubber ring that looks like an o ring with square sides. I have looked at this and I have no idea how this could seal oil in as it does not appear to be thick enough to make a good seal. I have tried an equivalent sided o ring in this position and it leaks worse? Anyone that this condition before and if so, what is the fix?????Any help would be greatly appreciated....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts