Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife's sedona has a leak in the pressure line from the power steering pump. I have looked at the SI instructions and diagrams from the Kia site. I have also read stories on this forum about people towing thier vehicles to the dealer because they couldn't get the fitting loose on one end or couldn't get the new line reinstalled without removing half the car. Neither of these were for the Sedona, and I couldn't find a Sedona specific thread. Has anyone made this repair, is it more involved than the SI implies (too tight or special tools) and are there any tricks that might be helpful?

The SI says to bleed the system after replacing the line. How is this done?

I appreciate the help.:confused:

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
466 Posts
I have not done the repair but it 'seems' simple enough.

One tip would be to use 'pipe' spanners ie a ring spanner with an opening cut to ensure a more complete grasp of the nut, if you us a normal wrench you mau round off the nut or/and miss-shapen the nut.

Bleed the system is usualy done by rasing the front wheels with the motor running turn the steering from lock to lock to push all the air out of the system.

Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done

Part arrived tonight in the mail. Installed without problem. The part from Rock Auto was a single piece from pump to rack. Had I known the original was modular (steel/rubber/stee/rubber), I would have only replaced the leaking portion of the rubber hose. There is a 3rd clamp with 2 bolts not mentioned in the IS up top,:) against the firewall that you cannot see and is the most difficult part of the repair. The new part did not include clamps so the old ones had to be removed and reused. Use a set of ramps and allow a couple of hours. No leaks after test drive and no whine from the pump. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.