Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driver side rear door handle broke off. need to remove the rear door panel. took out the 4 plastic fasteners ,2 on the left ,2 on the right the screw in the handle and the plastic trim piece around the handle. also the screw in the bottom pocket. started prying it loose from the top left , down around the bottom and back up. but the top right still stuck . did i miss something, or do i need to get ruff with it lol. thanks for any help

·
Registered
9 Posts
A comment from the video posted above: "on the REAR doors, there are two more screws under the trim piece covering the door pull handle. You have to get a small screwdriver under the edge of the trim on the door pull handle (not the door handle) and carefully pry it off to expose two screws, one each at the top and bottom of the drawer pull handle."

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you Fred! I am replacing all four doorhandle, started with the front first and now at the back and of course got stuck because the panel would not lift off. Searched the internet and your post is the only place I’ve found the additional much needed info.
Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
9,236 Posts
Thank you Fred! I am replacing all four doorhandle, started with the front first and now at the back and of course got stuck because the panel would not lift off. Searched the internet and your post is the only place I’ve found the additional much needed info.
Thanks again!
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
ron1004
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing