Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to the forum I have a 2006 Kia Optima 2.7 Auto. I'm replacing my passenger cv shaft and have removed it from the car but there is a tin dust shield covering the carrier bearing that is pressed onto the cv shaft. I would like to re use the dust cover but it is really pressed onto the shaft. Does anyone know of a way to re use it? Any and all answers are appreciated and I thank you for your time.

Mark

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Is your Optima the new body-style or the old body style? If it is the old body-style the VIN will start KNAGD, new the VIN will start KNAGE. There are differences, so this is important information to have. Also would be helpful to know which part of the globe you are from, this is an international forum. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2006 not 2006.5 so older I suppose, Its a KNAGD, and I live in Oklahoma, US

Thank you for your response

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*Fixed*

I used a block of wood with a 45 degree angle to dislodge the stub shaft bearing dust cover/seal cover with a rubber mallet. Gently tapping I got it off in about 5 minutes, grease the inside of the dust cover so that it seals properly. Car is fixed put back together.

Thank you

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Glad you got it worked out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts