Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Spectra
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The air conditioner on my 2006 KIA Spectra often cuts out. I have to turn the dials to off and wait 10 minutes and then when I turn it on it works for awhile and does the same thing. Does anyone know what the problem may be? Over Heating?

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
when the last time you had your AC recharge? and i dont think AC compressor over heats. i run my AC all day long with no problem. i park my car from 1 pm to 330 pm with AC on and my car AC system dont everheat. more info would be helpfull. is your check engine light on? does the AC compressor makes noise any pinch line and when the last time you recharge your AC?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check Engine - how do I make the check engine light blink so I know what general area my fault is in?

I will go to autozone I just want to be sure I am safe until this weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK so here is a question for the ages. My AC is stuck pointing at the defrost. there is no push rod to line up. There are two motor driven flappers one up top and one down low. Top is passenger side beside the blower and the bottom is down near the drivers feet. any idea what these flappers are called? Which one controls the air to my face. It is 110 today and I want to breathe.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Tony...
Because you posted in the Spectra/Cerato area (and your IP is in the San Diego area) I must presume you have a Spectra of unknown year/mileage/condition...
We ask for basic info on you and your car so others CAN respond intelligently...otherwise it's a "crap shoot" on an answer...
there are two radically different HVAC systems
1 2006 and before
2 2007 and after

I'll presume it's a 2007~2007 model year...
There is another servo motor (A37) to the right of the steering column under the dash that controls the direction of air flow. It is controlled by the AC Control module (mounted behind the AC switches in the center of the dash).
The AC Control module receives "feedback" via a variable resistor that moves when the servo motor turns to different modes (Defrost/Center/Floor).
The more info you can give the more answers we can give...
Dave

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
I also found a third version for 2008.5~2009 that is similar to the 2006 model.
That's why model and year is so important.
Dave

1 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2008 kia spectra5 LS and am having ac issues.

When I turn on my ac sometimes it just stops working. the jusy air stops blowing. I turn it off and 5 minutes or so it will work when I turn it back on. Also I have trouble selecting where the airflow goes. Sometimes it does come out of the feet blower or the upper ones. It won't change even as I constantly changes which one it should blow through. Then suddenly it will kick in and go to whichever one I have it on. Then I'm stuck with it like that lol. On top of all that it's hot air coming through.

Also, I have never recharged the ac. I don't know how to diagnose so I'm here for any help I can get. Thanks

Jamie

Anyone know what's up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2009 kia spectra. the air conditioner is not coming on. the blower works but the air doesn't get cold. When you turn the max ac on there is a clicking noise behind glove box for just a few seconds when you turn it on and the same noise when you turn the fan off. the same noise is heard when you turn off blower when it is on just ac. if the ac/ max ac is off and you turn the blower off it does not make the clicking noise

1 - 8 of 8 Posts