Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site and really in need of some advice.
2006 KIA Sorento LX Manual - 112,000 miles
I was driving down the road and felt my power steering go out. I looked under the hood and all the belts were stuttering. I limped my vehicle back home with no power steering. I made the assumption my power steering pump had gone bad so I bought a replacement at the local auto yard. I followed all the directions for replacement on the kiatechinfo.com site. I tried to start the vehicle back up but it wouldn't turn over. Everything worked great except steering when I pulled the pump. I've since taken both my alternator and starter in to the machine shop and both checked out good. I've checked all the wires, fuses, and connections and can't figure out if I'm missing something obvious. I did spill some power steering fluid in the engine compartment, but it doesn't appear to have made its way into any of the wiring as I've also checked all the wire harnesses. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Lincoln

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,483 Posts
Check your crankshaft pulley to see if it is loose. The bolt has been known to break and the pulley can stay on but acts goofy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts