Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 kia Sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,
I have a 2006 kia Sorento and I'm looking for a diagram or information on where the green sensor wire for the crankshaft position sensor(1.5v) connects to the ecu. I've got a short causing low voltage and a crank/ no start condition. Need to test at the ecu but there's several green wires. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,256 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a diagram or information on where the green sensor wire for the crankshaft position sensor(1.5v) connects to the ecu. I've got a short causing low voltage and a crank/ no start condition. Need to test at the ecu but there several green wires. Thanks in advance.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

Kia Forum

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2006 kia Sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There shoul;d be a connector between the engine harness and the main harness. I would think best to start your checks there than at the ecu. (It would be in the engine bay).
There is a set of connectors on the passenger side near the firewall. I can test there but I need to know which green wire on which connecter is for the crankshaft position sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts