Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona, 2013 Kia Optima
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When attempting to switch license plates on the rear of our 2006 Sedona, one of the screws just spun. So I used some vice grips to help back it out. What happened was that the whole plastic insert popped out, and I am left with a larger hole in the metal and nowhere to place a new screw.
Thoughts or ideas please?

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,483 Posts
Go to any auto parts store and pick up a license plate mounting kit. They have 4 plastic inserts and 4 screws. If you are worried about it spinning in the hole put some epoxy (neatly) on it and let it set.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona, 2013 Kia Optima
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But there is NOTHING in the hole now.. whatever was in there that held the screw in place came out. That is what I am confused about. I have nothing to "screw" into...

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,483 Posts
Go to any auto parts store and pick up a license plate mounting kit. They have 4 plastic inserts and 4 screws. If you are worried about it spinning in the hole put some epoxy (neatly) on it and let it set.
Calm down and read the post. The inserts are in red. They push in to the hole. The screw then expands the insert in the hole and holds the plate on.

Check the pic out. It is one example of what is available.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts