Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio LX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Where is the Vapor Canister Purge Valve located in a 2006 Kia Rio LX?

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Optima 2.4 EX, 2005 Yamaha R1 (street) 2001 GSXR 1000 (track)
1,018 Posts
I'm not 100% sure on the exact location, but it is under the hood. It will be near the intake manifold. Hopefully someone will chime in with an exact location. A quick way to check would be to follow the EVAP line from the driver side of the firewall up to the valve.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio LX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found it. It is located under the the rear of the car near the gas tank. Just disconnect the electrical plug, remove part from metal clamp and disconnect the 2 hoses.

·
Registered
'09 KIA Rio5 LX auto, '04 SVT Focus. '78 Z28
97 Posts
Like in the other thread, the one you need is UNDER THE HOOD, and fed directly by the manifold with a short length of hose...maybe 3 inches long or so. On the back of the manifold next to the firewall. If you need a picture, let me know and I'll post something up for you.

·
Registered
'09 KIA Rio5 LX auto, '04 SVT Focus. '78 Z28
97 Posts
Thanks Ken! #1 Purge Control Solenoid Valve is what you want. On the back side of the manifold. Can't miss it.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 Manual
35 Posts
That electrical connector on the bottom side of the PCSV and the passenger side hose are proving nigh impossible to remove! Any hints for how to get them disconnected? Yes, I have the little metal thingies moved up the hose....
Thanks!
edit: Never mind, it just took a bit of brute force and I had to pry with a screwdriver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts