Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
714 Posts
The car is beautiful and appears to be a very nicely done redesign for the Optima model. I'll be interested in the interior changes too. The Kia redesigns of several of its models really impress me. Now, with Kia looking seriously at a U.S. factory, things will just continue to get better for the brand I believe. I read that the governor of Mississippi flew to Korea to meet with Kia executives this week about his state. According to Korea Times, Mississippi is top on the pick list at the moment. All of this will help Kia grow which is good for us Kia customers!!

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I dont really like the looks of it all that much. Maybe if I was to see it in person it would look better to me. I like the style of my Optima better.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anyone happen to know if that's a true duel exhaust or just a "quasi dual exhaust" like that on the Mercury Montego?

I hate being quasi anything :p

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Wow, no one likes change.. again I LOVE the new look.. BUT don't get me wrong guys, I LOVE the looks of my 04 as well. Just wish I could fix the projection bulbs on it.. the passenger side is beaming "higher" than the driver side.. any ideas?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
83 Posts
the passenger side is beaming "higher" than the driver side.. any ideas?
most left hand drive cars will do that. that way you can see whats on the side of the road. when i switched to hid it was really bad, but after adjusting them for about 30min i got it to be more level. whats really fun is try and get a set of headlights off of a car with right hand drive and you get to blind everyone coming down the road, my friends wrx had this problem and got peoples brights flashed at him everywhere he went.

oh.... almost forgot, i saw a new sonata that was like the pics of the new optima and was very disapointed, they took a car that seemed to try to be a luxury looking car and made it look like every other honda accord clone out there right now. im glad i got my 04 instead, well until i see what the next amanti looks like.

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
714 Posts
Although I love the new looks of the 2006 Optima and think it will do well in the market place, I still favor my '02 Optima and plan to hang on to it for life. My next new car will probably be the Amanti but I'm not ruling out the new Optima. I will still keep my '02.

·
Registered
KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
561 Posts
Looks like a toyota camry, I suppose we'll have to start wearing cardigans and lawn bowls hats now. :-(

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by bjm@Sep 18 2005, 01:33 AM
most left hand drive cars will do that. that way you can see whats on the side of the road. when i switched to hid it was really bad, but after adjusting them for about 30min i got it to be more level. whats really fun is try and get a set of headlights off of a car with right hand drive and you get to blind everyone coming down the road, my friends wrx had this problem and got peoples brights flashed at him everywhere he went.

oh.... almost forgot, i saw a new sonata that was like the pics of the new optima and was very disapointed, they took a car that seemed to try to be a luxury looking car and made it look like every other honda accord clone out there right now. im glad i got my 04 instead, well until i see what the next amanti looks like.
Thanks great info! :thumbsup:

Funny thing is, my father's RX330 (Lexus) didn't have that issue.. not only was it leveled.. it self adjusted whenever he started the car... talk about NICE!!! :grin:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts