Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, new to the site, thanks for great info.

I have a 2006 Kia Amanti I just bought and it has airbag code, B1620 which is a internal failure SRS control module. I replaced it today (not fun) with one from salvage yard, but I still have the same code. My question is do these have to be reflashed or programmed by the dealer for the car. I can clear the code with my snap-on computer but it comes right back.

Thanks Guys,

·
Registered
2006 Amanti
2 Posts
Yes it has to be programmed either the dealer or one of the online vendors. Is it possible the boneyard unit also has the error? Ours has it too. Seems like a common issue

·
Registered
04 Kia Amanti, 2010 and 2016 Hyundai Genesis, 99 & 88 Suburban, ES30000, MGB91 E150, 89 S10 Blazer
217 Posts
It is a common issue because the light(s) is not reset by most ODB2 tools. I had mine reset at Jeff Smith KIA in Perry, Georgia. It was persistent, and did not send a code to my OBD2 scanner. It has not reoccurred since that time. I suggest you include your request with your next service visit for something else, like a spare key, because a 5 minute reset could cost you an $80 service fee. This could be worse, if you tried it yourself, because the KIA dealer may have been required to pay $5000 for the KIA GDS service tool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts