Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been to the dealer three times, turned away twice, and then told it was my alignment and I would be responsible for the repair costs.
Best part is the car never made it to the garage and looked at by a mechanic. My only contact has been a guy in a suit named Brad...
I bought a demo from a dealer three months ago and had to buy back the ten year ten thousand mile warranty. It came with a six year sixty thousand mile warranty and 24,000 miles.
Unfortunately I paid cash for it.
Called the Kia 800 number and they suggested that I drive the car to another state and have them look at it, but I really expect no difference in the service there. BTW, the Kia rep said Kia DOES NOT sell certified used cars and there was no warranty from Kia, so buying used Kias is risky regardless of the age.
It is 168 miles round trip to my dealer and I have wasted three days and precious fuel and got nothing for it.
Best part of this story was yesterday when I kept my appointment to have my car looked at, I had brought my wife and the cash to purchase a loaded 2007 Sedona.
We are going with an HHR now.
I bought this Amanti because of the warranty and it's supposedly reliability as I am on a transplant list and at any time I will have 3 hours to get to a hospital in Atlanta (a three hour trip from my home).
I will need to have the car fixed in warranty or not, so any information will be extremely helpful to me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This dealer sounds like a disgrace to the profession. I bought my Amanti used and I have always been treated entirely fairly by the dealer and the 5 year, 60,000 mile warranty is honored without question.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heart transplant, loads of cash on hand to buy a new Sedona, etc., etc. but yet you didn't do much homework before buying the Amanti? It's not all Kia's fault. I think us buyers have a duty to do our own homework considering all the information on the internet before we believe a dealer's sales staff and then buy a car. No matter what brand there are problems. If your dealer is truly as bad as you say, then why not warn people here of his name and location. One more thing, I would never buy a car so far away from a dealership as anything can go wrong and I might need to see the service dept. quickly. My dealer is outstanding and never a problem with warranty or their staff. I wish you good luck with the car and your health.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reckerfox said:
Heart transplant, loads of cash on hand to buy a new Sedona, etc., etc. but yet you didn't do much homework before buying the Amanti? It's not all Kia's fault. I think us buyers have a duty to do our own homework considering all the information on the internet before we believe a dealer's sales staff and then buy a car. No matter what brand there are problems. If your dealer is truly as bad as you say, then why not warn people here of his name and location. One more thing, I would never buy a car so far away from a dealership as anything can go wrong and I might need to see the service dept. quickly. My dealer is outstanding and never a problem with warranty or their staff. I wish you good luck with the car and your health.
Paramount Kia of Asheville NC
740 Tunnel Rd, Asheville - (828) 298-6006
Salesman's name was Chris Hughes

I didn't buy a car 'as is', I bought a car with a warranty and protection against manufacturer's defects. I have refered the matter to Roy Cooper, NC's Attorney General's Consumer Fraud Office.I posted here hoping to get some feedback as to what might be the issue with my car. The car is mine, I bought it and willing to repair it and get my cash back through our court system.
I owned a repair shop and was forced into retirement with my affliction. The money I spent was out of my retirement fund. I am still young and the money will be missed in twenty years. Nobody will lend you money, regardless of credit history, if you are expected to die.
I didn't expect such harsh criticism and knowing how quickly your health can turn on you, on bended knees I ask my God to bless you and your family and keep you and those you love healthy.
I think I came to the wrong place...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have a life threatening condition that requires me to limit things. I feel for you and your family. Your warranty was dealer based and not Kia based and that is a problem facing the court. I wish you the best and hope you get a resolution suitable to your situation. God bless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reckerfox said:
I also have a life threatening condition that requires me to limit things. I feel for you and your family. Your warranty was dealer based and not Kia based and that is a problem facing the court. I wish you the best and hope you get a resolution suitable to your situation. God bless.
No, not quite right.
The original warranty was transferable, I just purchased the additional coverage. The dealer has offered to refund me the pro-rated difference on the purchased warranty, which I thought was a little dishonest because of the transfered warranty was still in effect. Maybe I am wrong, but it smells funny.
Kia has contacted me and we are talking about the options.
I appreciate all the usless advice on my health, but is there anyone here wanting to talk about what might be wrong with the car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Killian said:
I appreciate all the usless advice on my health, but is there anyone here wanting to talk about what might be wrong with the car?
I'm not surprise no one is offering you much help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Reckerfox said:
I'm not surprise no one is offering you much help.

Looking over your posts here, I see there was nowhere you helped anyone. I think if no one else responds to this thread, then, at the very least, I have warned others about how fast the Amanti falls apart, why the resale on Kias are so depreciative, and how, as the author of the other thread you posted in pointed out, Kia manipulates the warranty just like they are doing to my Amanti.
I am vindicated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Paramount Kia is the one laughing at you! You are a perfect example of a bitter purchaser who didn't do his homework. You could have had the same problem with any dealer. It is so easy for you to pass the buck to them and Kia. I will not respond to your future posts. You are wasting people's time with your half truths.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reckerfox said:
Paramount Kia is the one laughing at you! You are a perfect example of a bitter purchaser who didn't do his homework. You could have had the same problem with any dealer. It is so easy for you to pass the buck to them and Kia. I will not respond to your future posts. You are wasting people's time with your half truths.
Where did you see I was bitter?
I was willing to fix the car myself, it still has value and I can sell it for at least what I paid for it, or close to it, because I didn't lose that depreciation that Kias seem to be saddled with.
IF Paramount Kia is laughing at me, I guess I deserve it for buying a car from them. You really are proving my point. I suspect you either work for or have family employed by Kia.
It is just a car to me and I was asking for advice in a 'Kia help forum' and all I got was ridicule.
So be it.
I found the answers elsewhere and Kia has made a proposal that I will accept. It isn't that bad, my friend, you ought to lighten up a bit.
I am sure there are people who will pop in from time to time with cars that aren't in warranty who really need more than someone accusing them of being an idiot for buying a Kia...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Killian: You should still have warranty coverage. I recently purchased a previously owned 2006 Amanti and I took my car to the local Kia dealer just to verify what the seller told me was true while I was in my 3 day grace period. I was told that the 2nd owner gets 5 years or 60,000 miles whichever come first but not bumper-to-bumper 100K warranty. Luckily, my 2006 only had 13000 when I purchased it. The information is in the Kia Amanti owner's manual. Also was told that I would should wait until near the end of the 5year/60K before purchasing an extended warranty. Hope it helps and may God Bless You and your family!

·
Registered
209 Posts
the alignment is not a warranty issue if the car has over 12000 miles on it. that is the owner of the cars responsibility. it is just like brake pads. cars come out of alignment all the time from being driven. your cars poor alignment is not kias fault

1 - 12 of 12 Posts