Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just brought my first sportage,had it two weeks and now it revs high on its own accord and tonight it started doing this I turned it off and then it would not start again for about 10 minutes and when it did it it ran very ruff. Has anyone had this happen? If so what was the fix for it? I have had a few thoughts Maybe the spark plugs and leads need changing or maybe the throttle position sensor needs replacing.

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
Before you start throwing money at it do a vacuum test 19 / 21 steady needle is normal. Check all vacuum hoses for splits or cracks.
Remove air intake hose , clean and lubricate the throttle body. Check for sticking throttle body . Sea foam fuel system cleaner does a good job.Follow directions carefully.
Remove and clean map sensor with map sensor cleaner or electrical cleaner.
Not knowing the mileage , plug change @ 100,000 miles. Theirs a sticky for a short cut on how to do that. Here is the kia site free to join https://www.kiatechinfo.com/Main.asp Works best on internet explorer.
Hope this helps.
chief

1 - 2 of 2 Posts