Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Purchased a new sportage 2 months ago, and am relatively pleased with it (other than the gearing in the automatic transmission).

I have the stereo out of my old car that i would like to put in, but can not find any online resource that provides detailed instructions as to how to remove the factory unit. I am pretty mechanically inclined, as i installed the complete system with amp in my old car. <_<

If possible, i would like something with pictures, but a step-by step with screw locations would be great. Im scared that i may break something due to hidden screws, as the dash looks to be pretty solid and a complete piece has to come off from arount the stereo.

As well, does anyone know the speaker sizes for the front and rear speakers? I emailed Kia a month ago and they have not responded. Want to get Phoenix Gold component sets fro front and rear, but can't buy without the size! B)

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance :57:

·
Registered
Sportage 2.0 CRDI XS (138)
80 Posts
Hi,

I have an 06 Sportage and have replaced the original JVC unit with a pioneer, it was very easy.

Remove the facia and store, carefully unclip the plastic surround and insert a thin plastic strip, I used a long cable tie, down the edge of each side of the unit about 4 inches. There is a small notch in the body of the head unit on each side.

You should then be able to pull the head unit out and unplug the ISO connector and aerial from the rear.

The sleeve is a standard DIN sleeve that is held in by bending the tabs at the base, I removed this a replaced it with the one I got with my pioneer.

The whole operation including fitting a 6 disc changer under the seat took 1 hour.

Best of luck.

Kevin

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by starlitz@May 3 2006, 05:48 PM
Hi,

I have an 06 Sportage and have replaced the original JVC unit with a pioneer, it was very easy.

Remove the facia and store, carefully unclip the plastic surround and insert a thin plastic strip, I used a long cable tie, down the edge of each side of the unit about 4 inches. There is a small notch in the body of the head unit on each side.

You should then be able to pull the head unit out and unplug the ISO connector and aerial from the rear.

The sleeve is a standard DIN sleeve that is held in by bending the tabs at the base, I removed this a replaced it with the one I got with my pioneer.

The whole operation including fitting a 6 disc changer under the seat took 1 hour.

Best of luck.

Kevin

Good step by step, but pictures would REALLY help. Please post pics when possible, thanks! :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts