Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2005 Spectra5, the CEL came on today. I pulled the following codes off with my reader:

P0030 (H02S Bank 1 Sensor 1 Heater Circuit Malfunction)
P2237 (HO2S Pumping Current Circuit/Open Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Any thoughts? I'm guessing the O2 sensor, even if the sensor isn't popping any sensor malfunction codes? Either way, I'm so glad I smogged it last week! :)

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,954 Posts
You need to replace the O2 sensor attached to the center of the exhaust manifold just behind the radiator. There is an bright aluminum cover it is centered on. It looks like a spark plug... It take nearly nothing to replace, an O2 socket (Harbor Freight),and a 3/8" breaker bar.. Unplug the sensor (about a foot from the sensor),use the O2 socket and breaker bar to remove the sensor, and install the replacement, connect the sensor to the socket and you are done...
The ECM codes will clear with time or have a local auto parts store clear them.
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to replace the O2 sensor attached to the center of the exhaust manifold just behind the radiator. There is an bright aluminum cover it is centered on. It looks like a spark plug... It take nearly nothing to replace, an O2 socket (Harbor Freight),and a 3/8" breaker bar.. Unplug the sensor (about a foot from the sensor),use the O2 socket and breaker bar to remove the sensor, and install the replacement, connect the sensor to the socket and you are done...
The ECM codes will clear with time or have a local auto parts store clear them.
Dave
Will do. Glad to hear it's the easy one (I hate doing O2 sensors down by the cat). Thanks Dave!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts