Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2005 Kia Spectra and I've looked high and low and can not for the life of me find a manual for the factory deck that is installed.

The only reason I want the manual is so that I can figure out how to manually tune the AM/FM stations. I also just got a SeriusXM receiver and want to find an empty channel to tune it to but all I get is scanning. The deck has a label that says tune/seek but all I can do with those buttons is scan.

Can someone please help me?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
On my 06 Spec SX you turn the right knob and it steps 100khz up or down. When you find a blank spot push and hold one of the 5 presets to lock the blank channel in place (memory). It couldn't be simpler.
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is that there is only one knob and it adjusts the volume. I figured there should be a button to press so that it tunes manually but I can't figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
With me being a moderator I can "see" you are in Canada. We ask newbies to "please" fill out your CP area with the cars you drive, the "general" area of the world you live, the type of engine (gas/diesel), type of transmission (manual/automatic). In Canada they used a different radio than in the USA.
This is a GLOBAL forum and we need to know what you have to help you.
Standard US Model looks like this...

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've attached a picture of my deck that I just took with my phone. The one knob adjusts volume and when pressed it goes into the EQ settings (Bass, Treb, Bal, Fade) The up and down arrows above and below the CD button scan up or down respectively. If I press the up or down arrows twice quickly it tunes to 100.7. If I push one of the arrow buttons then try to turn the knob while it scans it just changes the volume. That's all I've been able to figure out through trial and error.

Attachments

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
I will take a wild guess here and suggest that when you find the station you want, then you press and hold one of the numbered buttons for a second which locks in the station.:puzzled:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes once you find the station pressing and hold the numbered button will save it to that preset the problem is trying to manually tune to find an empty channel so that I can set it as a preset. It's a bit hit and miss but what I've done for now is set the xm radio to a specific channel then let the stereo scan to it. The problem is that a lot of the time the channel I get has some interference that isn't noticeable until I start driving. So it's a very slow process of trial and error to find a channel that will work.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,116 Posts
Why do you have a 2nd gen spectra headunit in a 3rd gen spectra?
In 04.5 they changed to the newer one that Dave posted.. Did you put that unit in? Buy the car used? Who did that? LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I did buy the car used. As I said in the beginning I just purchased the vehicle and there is no information in the user manual about the stereo system other than to say this is where you will find it in the car.

Is there no way to manually tune the AM/FM signal or is the seek option the only way?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,116 Posts
Push the button that says "tune/seek" don't hold it, just tap the button.
unless that tune button is dead, that should work.

I would think about getting the correct unit in there too. I wonder why the PO did that.

The unit that is supposed to be in there is better than your current 2nd gen. unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts