Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am removing the dashboard from my 2005 spectra to chase a water leak near the bottom of my windshield. I've followed the removal procedures shown at kiatechinfo, but it doesn't go into much detail about removing the upper portion of the dash which it refers to as the "instrument panel assembly."

I have removed all lower sections of the dash as well as most of the bolts and screws holding the upper portion. I'm concerned about how the dash connects to the passenger airbag module and the A/C air vent assembly. The guide skips over this part.

Negative battery connection has been disconnected for a couple hours and the airbag fuse. Does anyone have experience removing the upper dash that can provide me with next steps?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After a little more inspection, it appears that the cowl crossbar, air vent assembly, and passenger airbag all stay attached to the instrument panel and its all removed as one unit. Is this correct?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
I wish I could offer you anything other than "thanks for keeping us informed".
I have read ALL of the posts in the Spectra section of these forums and have never found someone that had removed the total dash in one. We've never had to. Your feedback will eventually help others...
If you get a chance PLEASE take some pictures to share.
If I had something to offer you ...I would..
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts