Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a lot of reserch some on this forum i have just purchased sorento xse. we coudnt get the xs (2 month wait) so we got the xse no regrets what a lovely looking car. when i first saw the car we had to have it its in a limited edition colour sport blue.the one problem i have had is that my insurance company wouldnt insure it because it has not got a thatcham approved immobiser.(direct line)the kia dealer ibought the car from was under the immpression that they did have a thatcham approved .so has offered to upgrade it f.o.c.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have just bought the same model xse in sport blue and having the same problem but my dealer would not budge on upgrading to a thatcham immobiliser had a quote of £300 to have one fitted insu co is churchill so will look else where kia are having an offer at the moment drive away with 7 day insurance free so went with them as i would not be able to take the car today .regards phil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same problem with my insurance co.(Tesco) re the immobiliser, they refused to insure for theft! Went with Sainsbury's insurance instead.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 2004 XS and am insured fully comp with Churchill who didn't make an issue on the imobiliser and it was only £20 more than it cost me to insure my Freelander. I'm surprised to find your having issues with insurance on a new car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:p
I,m with Churchill as well. I am 37 yrs old, clean license live in a low risk area ( Hereford ) & my 2nd yr insuring the Sorento is £428.40 ... £355.95 Premium after deducting any no claims discount, £53.55 no claim discount protection & £18.90 churchill legal assistance service. I looked at many more but all were more expensive. This price includes cover for my sat nav, side bars, window tints & tow bar !!!
I had a very kind stolen under age drunk driver smash into the Sorento on my driveway 7 weeks after I had it new ( Yeah I know I said I live in a low risk area, but heah .... S**t happens ! ) & Churchill were fairly good with the insurance claim. £3500.00 worth of damage to my new car ... not a happy bunny !!! :angry:
Thought I'd put some pics on for you all to see & think ' there for the grace of god go I ' !!!! :crying:

Shame for the drunk driver, It was 03.00 on a Sunday morning, I was a bit to quick for him ( Must be my ex 'Para' days ! :57: ) he saw me flying out the house .... tried to reverse away at high speed but my sexy conifer trees ( dont ever moan about these type of trees again ! ) stopped him as well as my fist clean through the side window ( hence the small sight of blood on him in the car ... not guilty officer !! :innocent: ) Kept him in the car till the old bill arrived some 15 mins later, small town.... they mustve been on tea break .... God I love this Labour government !!! :thumbsup:

Went to court .. he got £548 costs, £400 were to my wife & my excesses ( yeah he smashed her car as well ! ) £100 to the lad with the black estate outside our house for his excess & £48 court cost. Banned from driving for 2 years even though he was a provisional driver & ordered to do 200 hrs community service. That really is going to stop him doing this again isnt it !!!!!!!!! Thanks again Labour !

Only good thing was because I kept him in the car prior to the old bill arriving, the car he had stolen was his best mates & was fully insured at the time of the accident. Through a lot of wrangling on the phone I managed to have all insurance claims paid from the best mates insurance so it didnt effect mine !

Amazingly, despite the cosmetic damge to the Sorento, the engine & radiator were unaffected. Only the wheel, outer & inner o/s wing, bumper + a few other minor bits & pieces were replaced. The repair shop were equally impressed with how strong the Sorento was. The water seen under the car is screen wash.
The other wing & bonnet were all un affected.

Long live the UK !!! ( Cant wait for May the 5th .... VOTING TIME !!!! ) :thumbsup:

Tara all
B)

Attachments

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
That sucks that your Sorento was hit especially only 7 weeks after you got it. Atleast it was pretty strong and there was not alot of damage and it is now fixed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry to here about your jam jar mark samething happend to my daughter last year we bought her a hyundai getz she had just picked my grandaughter up from school the car was only 4 days old bought it for her birthday and some git in a mondeo drunk as a skunk pulled out in front of her £1,800 worth of damadge but her and my grandaughter were ok thank god, the driver of the other car had no insurance no tax no mot and was already band from driving :angry:

·
Registered
72 Posts
:(
Cheers Phil & 04sorento.
Sorry to here about your daughter & her experience's!
Perhaps if the punishment fitted the crime instead of all the 'do-gooders' fighting for justice in this country, this sort of incident would be rare instead of the norm.
Bye
Mark
:angry:

·
Registered
23 Posts
That SUCKS :angry:
However at least you managed to give him a slap before the police arrived!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the pics... They really do paint a thousand words! :thumbsup:

Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts