Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Sorento LX with the sport package. The factory radio is 4 inches tall with the CD & tape player. When I checked Crutchfield the guide stated only a single DIN radio would fit the LX with the sport package. However it also showed a double DIN would fit the LX without the sport package. Is there something preventing a double DIN being used to replace the factory double DIN radio? Why would there be a difference because of the sport package? Don't know if this matters but it does have an amp under the seat and there is not a small pocket under the radio.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Some of these came with a double DIN, some came with single.
A Double DIN radio will fit.
If it has the pocket under the single DIN radio, remove, if not just take out the old radio!

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
You've got the same setup I've got. As long as crutchfield sends the correct harness, the double-din will fit just fine. The wrong harness will render your speakers inoperative (won't switch on the amp).

·
Registered
2005 Sorento LX w/Sport Pkg 102,000 miles
2 Posts
Which Harness?

I want to swap my factory with an after market double din also. What is the correct harness to use?

2005 Sorrento LX w/Sport Pkg.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
I want to swap my factory with an after market double din also. What is the correct harness to use?

2005 Sorrento LX w/Sport Pkg.
Follow the upgrade path on a site like Crutchfield (I have no association with them, just know that they won't steer you wrong). If you choose a double din radio, they will say it won't fit, find the harness by looking for a single din radio. It will, but the opening is wider than a normal double din (height is correct). You'll still need a mounting bracket to fill in the space (can mount without it, but won't look pretty).

Also found this on ebay. Again, no association, just a quick search for the right part brought this link. Hyundai Accent Kia Universal 2005 2011 Radio Stereo Dash Install Kit Double DIN | eBay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts