Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been reading here for the past few weeks and finally decided to join. So my sister has an 05 sorento ex and she was having issues with her power steering pump. Turns out it was bad and so i replaced it today but still gotta bleed it out tomorrow and might even do a flush since im sure its looooong overdue. Anyhow, i thought this would be a perfect time to surprise here with a new radio for her car. Its actually my old pioneer avic f90bt thats already hacked with all the new maps and os. I ordered the wire harness and antenna extension but when i made all my connections and installed the f90bt, i noticed that i had no sound so i jumped on the forum and found out she has the premium head unit with the amp under the driver seat. Someone mentioned to connect the remote (blue/white strip) wire from the aftermarket harness to the red wire in the car stereo harness and that should get the amp on and sound but so far nada. I jumped on the pc and pulled up the alldata wiring diagram for the premium harness and noticed a few things. 1. according to alldata, the power and yellow wires on my aftermarket harness are actually switched. 2. the amp sense wire on the stereo harness is actually a blue wire instead of the earlier mentioned red. I switched the red and yellow wires on the am harness and switched the extra wire that the am harness had to match the location of the blue amp sense wire on the am harness. Turned on the radio but still no sound. :confused: Im thinking that maybe they sent me the wrong am wiring harness?? am i missing something here? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
There are two harnesses available for an '05. The LX does not have the extra amp switch wire. The LX-Sport (leather steering wheel and amp), and EX needs the extra wire. The Red should be a switched wire (turns on/off with the car), the Yellow should be constant 12v.

If the vehicle side of the harness has a solid blue, or a blue/white wire, you will use the blue/white wire from the radio side to power it up. Pick up a cheap voltmeter and test the output power of the wires from each side to see what is what.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
45 Posts
Yeah, I posted this awhile back and helped me get through the issue. Probably the wrong harness you have if you don't have what I'm explaining.

Alright, aftermarket stereo is up and running. After a few searches on other forums and googling, i came across the fact that the 'blue w/ white stripe' cable on the wire harness wasnt connected to anything on the stereo harness. This is the reason why my factory amp wasnt turning on, and i was getting no sound. I wired that (blue w/ white stripe -- should be labeled AMP TURN ON or equivalent) to the red wire and BOOM. we had sound. Mission Accomplished. Thank you guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts