Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giday, replacing power steering, alternator and air conditioner tension pulleys and associated belts.
I cant seem to locate a new replacement air conditioner tensioner pulley online. Is anyone aware if the AC and power steering tension pulley's are the same dimensions?
Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Giday, replacing power steering, alternator and air conditioner tension pulleys and associated belts.
I cant seem to locate a new replacement air conditioner tensioner pulley online. Is anyone aware if the AC and power steering tension pulley's are the same dimensions?
Many thanks
Giday again,
Kia Australia no longer stocks the A/C pulley for the 2005 BL V6, costing $250 plus 3 weeks delivery from Korea. No luck with wreckers either as I planned to remove the pulley and bearing and refit with new bearing. Removed original pulley and repacked bearing then reinstalled with new belt. No more noise. I forgot to record bearing number so will have to remove pulley ( approx' 20 mins) again and install a new bearing in original pulley. At least I learnt something in the process.
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will look for a post that covers those #s. I don't see the sticky that has them. The new forum format has possibly wiped them out

Edit: Found it. Go here https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/accessory-belt-tensioner-bearing-numbers.59695/

To look them up. It worked for me also.
Giday nstoolman, thanks for the response. I got the pulleys out and identified the A/C bearing as a KBC 6302DY and the PS as a GMB 6303RTA both sealed. After research not even the manufacture's (KBC or GMB) can validate the bearing prefix (DY or RTA) advising that it must be a code desigen by KIA and the bearing companies specific to these pulleys. Anyway the numbers are what counts so after regreasing the bearing I will now press out and replace with new bearings and fit new belts. At least I wont be paying $250 for a new A/C pully direct from Korea.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Take a look at VBX bearings. Play around on their site and compare specs and prices. Just a thought.

Also found this on E-Bay

And this one

Hope this helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I ordered replacement idlers from Rock Auto, Dayco brand. The price for both was about equal to one from our local parts stores. At any rate you do not have to pull the air box or the electric fan to change the idlers. It takes a 15mm socket and a 14mm wrench. For the Alternator you can get to the adjuster from under neath, that idler is a smooth pulley. The other idler is tricky as the retainer nut is right in front of the fan motor, with the fan out it would be easier. It is a grooved pulley. It took about 1/2 hour for both.
The part numbers if interested are: DY89520FN- Idler Pulley A/C
DY89523FN- Idler Pulley Alternator
Hope this helps a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts