Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you stomp on it from a dead stop, feels like either the motor mount or u-joint is bad. Has a vibration and shake that only lasts until the vehicle is in motion. Once in motion, the shake is gone and works and shifts fine. Had the vibration checked out and trans fluid changed by machine at the local national chain tire shop and now the dipstick will not go all the way down. You can push it down but will spring back up 1/2inch when let go. They want to replace the dip stick. They feel the vibration but can't figure out what's the problem. Any advice?

·
Registered
I now drive a 2020 Ram Bighorn. Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,514 Posts
Take it back and have them fix the stick. Next check the Carrier Bearing if it is a 2WD. The u-joint will most likely make for a vibration all the time I would think. Also check and lube the slip joint.

Also go back and fill in all the info like I have under my name. It helps in the diagnosis process.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You know, both engines and transmissions are highly sensitive to fluid levels. If you don't put enough oil or automatic transmission fluid in, parts can wear down prematurely or not function properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts