Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the 120K service. Recommended timing belt replacement as critical. Being on fixed income, I was happy when the retired mechanic in the neighborhood offered to do the work for half the dealer quote. Problem is he has not been able to get the timing set and reports the oil light comes on and stays on. Oil and filter were change with the 120K service. Any suggestions as to how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
TLSNC
2005 Kia Sedona LX
NC

·
Super Moderator
9,494 Posts
I recently had the 120K service. Recommended timing belt replacement as critical. Being on fixed income, I was happy when the retired mechanic in the neighborhood offered to do the work for half the dealer quote. Problem is he has not been able to get the timing set and reports the oil light comes on and stays on. Oil and filter were change with the 120K service. Any suggestions as to how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
TLSNC
2005 Kia Sedona LX
NC
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

1 - 3 of 3 Posts