Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've been having this problem for over a week now and can't seem to figure it out. It started when it stalled while my wife was out driving. It restarted and she was able to drive home. I drove it around a bit and it stalled a couple of times for me. It had a p)343 code so I replaced the cam shaft position sensor. The new sensor made the problem worse and it set a p)342 code.

I reinstalled the old sensor and everything seemed fine. It idled for about an hour with out a problem and then stalled like someone turned off the key. It restarted right away. I drvoe it around a bit. It didn't stall but it sputtered twice. Using it the next day for errands around town it stalled out a couple of times.

Yesterday I took it over to friends house so he could look at it. I drove about 2 miles with no issues. It sat and idled for about a half hour and then shut off. I restarted it and it idled for about 15 minute then stalled. Then 10 minutes. Then 5. Then it would only run for about a minute and it was getting hard to start. I had to pump the gas to get it to restart.

Then I tried running the motor at 3000 RPM. It ran maybe a half minute then started surging and stalled out. It was hard to restart. It did this twice. Friend suggested that maybe it was a fuel problem. This whole time the check engine light didn't come on.

Driving home was a nightmare. I got out of his driveway but couldn't keep it running. Finally I let it sit for about 15 minutes. I was able to start it and drive home. It stalled a bunch of times. But when it was running it ran fine - good power, didn't hesitate. It would just stall like someone turned off the key.

This morning I went out and drove it around the block. It ran like a champ So, any suggestions? Fuel pump? Filter? Help

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, took it to the dealer. They said the crank shaft position sensor has an intermittent failure. $980 to replace but that includes a new timing belt. They said the old belt needs to come of the replace the sensor so no labor for the new belt.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts