Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 sodona 3.5
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey Guy's I've got 05 sedona and twice now i've had a problem with shuting it off and not being able to start it again it wont even crank over the garage said it has no codes in it all the lights work radio, windows, horn, all the accories work.starter is'ent froze up because it will al of asuden it'll start working. any Ideas.

·
Registered
2005 sodona 3.5
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of corse it does'ent do anything, the motor is'ent runing I'm wounding if theirs a bad wire or conection so were, I just thought some one else had the same problem

·
Registered
1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon, 2003 Kia Sedona, 2012 Kia Sedona, 2007 Hyundai Tucson
48 Posts
Try putting it in neutral to start. Does it still fail?

·
Banned
465 Posts

Hey Guy's I've got 05 sedona and twice now i've had a problem with shuting it off and not being able to start it again it wont even crank over the garage said it has no codes in it all the lights work radio, windows, horn, all the accories work.starter is'ent froze up because it will al of asuden it'll start working. any Ideas.
Try the small wire on the starter motor. Take it off and clean the terminal with sandpaper etc then contact cleaner that should do it

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,932 Posts
Look for the starter relay under the hood... It is known to fail with your symptoms.
Try swapping it with another one in the fuse box.
Dave

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2005 2.9 CRDI LX
5 Posts
Sedona Not Starting

I have a similar problem, car only starts after turning the key anything up to 20 times in the morning (all I get is a click) battery is fine. Later in the day it starts first time. Anybody got any ideas

·
Registered
'02 Sedona 3.5L
75 Posts
Probably the cold weather causing condensation in the starter or bad grounding. Next time wag it with an 1/2" extension bar a few times and see if it helps. It it helps, that means you need to add a ground wire, a cleaning up or replace the starter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts