Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2005 Sedona, the rear heat works fine. But the temp control doesnt seem to change when i turn the control from either blue to red. i get one temp no matter.

I have read that it sounds like a blend door how do i take the dash off to get to this part?

Thank you

its getting cold and i have kids

·
Registered
2004 Carnival, 2.5L KV6 / GV6 / K5 engine
99 Posts
The 'blend door' is driven by a motor that Kia call the mix actuator which moves according to the position of the front temp control.

I guess the first step would be to see if this is moving when the temp control is rotated.

I've seen the thing, but it would have been over 5 years ago and I can't remember whether its behind the glove box or the centre console (or a bit of both) as I had both off at the time.

In any case its one or the other, and they are not hard to remove - a few screws and a bit of jiggling as I recall. I've attached a clip from the workshop manual I have that may help. (It doesn't exactly match my vehicle, but then what w/s manual ever does).

Mine's not given any problems so can't speak from experience, but I'd imagine possible problems could be: stuck/gummed up door, bad actuator motor, bad position feedback potentiometer (I think the pot and motor are a common assembly), faulty control unit.

On mine, there are 3 actuator motors in the front heater/ventilation system: the intake actuator that selects fresh or recirculated air according to the setting of the control on the heater panel, the mode actuator that directs air to the defrost vents, lower vents, upper vents and combinations of those according to the mode control, and the mix actuator that varies the mix of hot and cold air according to the temp setting.

The information in the manuals I have is pretty scant, but if nothing obvious found, reply to this and I'll dig a bit further as there may some inferred info.

Peter

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts