Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got this code pulled from my car p0449 EVAP emission system-vent valve solenoid circuit probable cause

1. open or short circuit condition
2.poor electrical connection
3.faulty EVAP vent valve

i wanted to know if anybody else on here is having the same problem

I notice this code keeps comin back on and off for the past 2 weeks, it only does it when im on idle with the AC on for more than 30 mins.

Anybody have the how to fix this problem pictures on where its located or diagram. i tried kiainfotech.com but everytime i try to register it keeps on saying failed connection. so can anybody find a diagram for me or tell me how to fix this thing.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Located under the car behind the gas tank under a plastic shield. They are starting to fail more often (by looking at posts). This valve will cause refueling problems. Slow fueling and splash backs.
You need to crawl under the car and move the plastic shield to gain access. The dealer should have the part stocked.
Dave

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks. do you know how much they cost? and is there an althernativeoption to fix this problem?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i saw that. that 1 is for the intake. i called the dealer and they said the one for the intake is 75 and the one for the tank is 110. now i just gotta figure out which 1 needs to be replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts