Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia rio 132000
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. New to Kias but not vehicles. I am getting a code p0170. Just got the car and it ran good for a bit now I get this code and she idles rough. The car has 132,000 miles and has sat for several months as the owner was out of state. I am assuming O2, MAF, maybe MAP sensor? I am not sure what all this car has yet. Trying to find a good service manual for it to see what all she has in her. Any ideas where to start first? Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy

·
Registered
2005 Kia rio 132000
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One last thing. My turn signal fuse keeps popping. These two cant be related can they?

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Thank's for filling out your profile, http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ for free service info in the USA Schematic's and shop manual and more do use there settings for sure to get a log on. Check the schematics for your turn signal and the dct p0170 info to see if there is a common denominator for each. Good luck with it.Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Registered
2005 Kia rio 132000
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got signed into that site. That place is awesome. Wish there was one for the rest of my vehicles. Nothing on there about that code. P0171 and P0172 but not P0170. Been searching for the turn signal schematics but am at work today and this weekend so haven't had alot of time Plus adjusting to that site is taking a bit to get used to. Just wasn't sure if I should start with MAP (which I am inclined to do) but the O2 is in my mind also. The car sat since october so I am thinking maybe the gas is not burning clean or hot enough. When I get home I'm gonna fill the tank and run it for a while and see what happens. Might try clearing the codes too after a while once the good gas is flowing good. Do I seem on the right track?

Thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Jeremy, my 02 book states p0170 fuel trim malfunction bank 1. Fuel system problem similar to the p0171 if it help's any. Don't overlook intake or vacuum leaks esp the pcv hose, and clean the IAC valve also it could be stuck. one more thing also don't over look a cat being blocked esp if you have no power to go up hills. Yes the site is hard to navigate do some exploring to get the hang of it. Good luck with it. Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Registered
2005 Kia rio 132000
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Must have been the gas. The guy i got it from said he dumped some injector cleaner and heet with the bad gas must have not agreed with it. The car runs better with fresh gas.

Is disconnecting the battery the only way to clear the code? I always hate doing so to clear a code.

Also I have not found a schematic of the turn signal circuit on the kiatech info site. Does anyone know where I can find one. I'm also thinking there are more then the turn signals on that fuse. The door chime stops too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerem

·
Registered
2005 Kia rio 132000
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh one more thing. I'm running about 3000 rpm in 5th gear doing about 68 mph. Is that about right rpms for that speed on mostly level terrain?

·
Registered
2005 Kia rio 132000
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah ok thanks. I figured I get another tank of gas through then check injectors. Gonna replace plugs and wires tomorrow. Already got a new air filter in. Fluids also getting changed out tomorrow. Fun little car. Sold my Cadillac and bought this. Way better has mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts