Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ust bought a 2005 Optima with less than 20,000 miles. It does not have a keyless remote, but does have power windows. Can one be added? does anyone know an apaproximate cost and if it would be okay to look for one outside the dealership.

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
714 Posts
I have an '02 LX V6 and added a keyless remote entry and alarm through a dealer's accessories department. Total cost including parts and labor came in at $150 and am very pleased with the system that was installed for me.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
The wife and I went to K-Mart (For Maturnity Clothing) and I looked in the Automotive Section.. I had seen a Remote Start Kit ($49.99) and it looked good.. but I wasn't sure how GOOD it is.. I mean how much is a GOOD Kit? On Ebay I had seen LCD Remotes for $200 (give or take) NEWayz, thought I would give my two cents.. since I too would like to get Remote start/automatic locking..

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
83 Posts
i went to my dealership bout a month ago and they told me that kia does not offer a kit to put factory keyless entry on a car not equipped. so i guess aftermarket is about all you can do.

i installed one of those 49.99 remote starts for a guy while i was living in chicago, we went through three of them trying to get it to work and it still only worked half the time with half the features, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by bjm@Nov 19 2005, 03:22 AM
i went to my dealership bout a month ago and they told me that kia does not offer a kit to put factory keyless entry on a car not equipped. so i guess aftermarket is about all you can do.

i installed one of those 49.99 remote starts for a guy while i was living in chicago, we went through three of them trying to get it to work and it still only worked half the time with half the features, you get what you pay for.
W3RD.. you're right..

·
Registered
2005 Kia Magentis
45 Posts
Originally posted by printersdevil@Nov 18 2005, 12:11 AM
I ust bought a 2005 Optima with less than 20,000 miles. It does not have a keyless remote, but does have power windows. Can one be added? does anyone know an apaproximate cost and if it would be okay to look for one outside the dealership.

It costs 50-200$ but i can't be sure it will work good (i mean 50 $ kits)

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
714 Posts
Recommend going to a dealer who specializes in automotive accessories and have their own tech staff who install remotes. My keyless remote and alarm has not once acted up since being installed. It opens all doors and the trunk lid remotely. I did not want the remote start feature so left that off the install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts