Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by root@Aug 23 2004, 01:07 AM
What do you think guys? B) . Comment please

[attachmentid=2][attachmentid=3]
I loved my 2003 sportage until its short wheel base and a patch of ice put me backwards at 60mph in a split second. I am looking fwd to seeing the 2005 sportage to decide if I get that or a sorento! Early pics and a v6 engine look good
E <_<

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2005 Sportage EX (no luxury package, but loaded otherwise), and my air conditioning controls look different than in the picture on this forum. I don't have the center buttons or the little screen. I have three dials and there are button inside the dials for A/C and Rear Defrost. Can anyonw tell me the difference in the veh in the picture and my car? I am just really curious, because I really like my car and want to be able to tell friends that ask me about its features. Thanks! :liebe011:

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage
84 Posts
Not sure why it looks different, becasue mine doesn't look that way. It may be the Canadian model, or the European model, or it could have a different feature than mine and yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by draftycompguy@Feb 9 2006, 01:03 PM
Not sure why it looks different, becasue mine doesn't look that way. It may be the Canadian model, or the European model, or it could have a different feature than mine and yours.
I'm in the UK and have a 2005 Sportage XS and the controls look identical.
Left hand knob push for auto Climate Control on and twist to set temperature. Right hand knob push for manual Climate Control and twist for fan speed. Buttons are for manual air direction(feet/screen/etc) , front windscreen heating/defrost, rear windscreen heater & mirrors, recurculate air, auto recirculate air. Display just shows what options are on, external tempoerature, temperature climate control set to, fan speed, direction of air.

Hope the above helps !

Simon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks guys, apparently, the US model does not have the automatic air option where you can just set the temperature. I wish it did, however, my fiance's Honda has it and it is wonderful! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts