Kia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to switch out factory cd player and put in the Sony XAV -72BT
Want to know if there is adapter so that i can still use steering wheel controls to control the sony. Also will i have to do any major modifications. I checked by going through sony site and didnt see anything extra needed

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
279 Posts
Looking to switch out factory cd player and put in the Sony XAV -72BT
Want to know if there is adapter so that i can still use steering wheel controls to control the sony. Also will i have to do any major modifications. I checked by going through sony site and didnt see anything extra needed

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a problem. My 2005 sorento sometimes idles at 2000 rpm when drivng in the city and stop at a light and I put it in neutral. Does anyone know the problem?

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
279 Posts
I have a problem. My 2005 sorento sometimes idles at 2000 rpm when drivng in the city and stop at a light and I put it in neutral. Does anyone know the problem?
This has what to do with the steering wheel controls? Start a new post and it will gain the attention of people looking to help. FYI: it's considered rude to "hijack" a post with a completely different issue.

Sorry! I see that you already started a new post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't mean to be rude but I'm not sure how to start a new post. I just signed in a couple of days ago and am having trouble navigating the site. Just looking for some advice from anyone. Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
45 Posts
Yes, use the link that Rats posted and you will simply have to wire it to your aftermarket harness that your using on your new stereo. Pretty simple to wire up, to be honest. Its all color coded.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got all the parts, I think

Sony XAV 72BT
Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface (Black): Car Electronics
Sony Brake Bypass XAV-72BT XNV-660BT XAV-62BT XAV-70BT Hack

will tackle it this weekend . Will try to take pictures

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Sony never came with bracket so have to put on hold for now.

Anyone know of plug that can use existing oem plug to plug into sony or have to splice wires together?

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
45 Posts
Well it the dam harness now. No amp power . so need find new oem sorento harness
NOO!! I had this same problem, the factory amp wouldnt turn on. I did a bit of troubleshooting at the time and fixed it. Its in my post a few months back:

DrLAngly said:
I realized I was getting no sound, though and had to connect the 'amp turn on' cable on the deck side of the harness to the red 'power' cable splice spot on the harness. BOOM now I have all factory speakers backed by the amp and head unit. Sounding amazing.
:D:D

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
279 Posts
Well Sony never came with bracket so have to put on hold for now.

Anyone know of plug that can use existing oem plug to plug into sony or have to splice wires together?
You'll have to splice them together. The vehicle side should have open end wires, as well as the stereo side. I normally slide shrink tubing on each wire, twist the copper together, than hit with a dab of solder, slide the shrink tube over the exposed wires and heat with a powerful hair dryer or paint heat gun.

As far as the amp not kicking on, make sure you have the correct blue/blue-white wires hooked up. There is a different harness for the LX and EX models, with the exception that the LX-Sport (with the amp, leather steering wheel) needs the EX harness... Get the right one?

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
45 Posts
had to connect the 'amp turn on' cable on the deck side of the harness to the red 'power' cable splice spot on the harness.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
harness

Got the correct harness and everything is working fine beside the aswc universal controller trying to get it to see oem remote

1 - 14 of 14 Posts