Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Sedoan with roughly 89K miles whenever you put it into a drive gear it sputters very heavily until you get up to higher speeds and rpm's less than 2 months ago I had all the drive belts to include the timing belt as well as new shocks struts axles tires brakes etc replaced I dont know why but I didnt get a tune up such as plugs wires etc done any advice to what could be causing this be greatly appreciated also I am in the central texas area again thanks

·
Registered
'02 Sedona 3.5L
75 Posts
Is the cel on? Go to a local part store such as Autozone to see if they can pull any codes and have them print them out; it is a free service. The codes will point you to the right direction for the problem. At the same time ask them to check the alternator. The problem also sounds like the alternator is on its way out.

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
'05 Kia Sedona - '03/'91 Chevy Trucks - 2/'78 Hondamatics 750/400 - '59 Ford Ranchero
1 Posts
I had the same issue on my '05 Sedona,
It was 1 of the coil packs sputtering.

·
Registered
04 sedonna,07 oddsey,77 dodge p/u,kubota tractor------
97 Posts
One coil pack serves two plugs so cut that in half and the fault code should tell which is misfiring.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Quickerthanu
You need to do some more research on parts...
This is on ebay...
New Ignition Coil Set of 3 Pack | eBay
The "set" was less than $80 with shipping.
So a complete set of 6 is under $160 and you probably only need 1.
Like what was posted on this thread...have the OBDII codes pulled at a local AutoZone/Advance/O'Reillys for FREE.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts