Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba in Canada. My 2005 Sedona has a problem of INCONSISTENT acceleration. I have been driving this for about 7 months now (with only 4,700 kms). Although there are times when it accelerates quickly at traffic stops, most of the time it feels like something is dragging it down. I also think that this causes poor fuel economy.

The dealer says they couldn't find anything wrong with it (even after test-driving it), but it is me who is driving and I know when the acceleration is good or not.

Question #1: How can I make them see otherwise so they will do something about the problem?

Also, I recently reported to the dealer about this strange "chugging" sound everytime you press on the gas while it's idling. They checked it and found that there is "severe engine vibration". They said they replaced something (free of cost) which made the sound go away. At first, I thought the sound was gone, but just a day after, I was hearing it again.

Question #2: How does one know if they actually did what they said they did?
Question #3: If it can be proven that they didn't actually replace anything or they didn't actually do anything to correct the acceleration and the "chugging" sound, what should I do next?

By the way, KIA SEDONA would be the perfect van if and only if after-purchase service is as good as the dealer says it is.

Thanks to anyone who replies.
Troner

·
Registered
21 Posts
Go to another dealer service provider if possible. Get another opinion without telling them what the other dealer said or did and see if the stories match.

BTW, did you talk to the service manager at your current dealer and explain your frustrations? If so, then I'm sure HE has a boss you can go to also. Keep going up the chain of command until you are totally, 100% satisfied. If not, keep climbing the ladder. Look in your paperwork you got with the van. There is Kia Corporate information in which you can get more assistance.

I think the majority of problems are with the dealer's service departments. The one where I live seems like an excellent one but I know other cities there are some very bad ones and they should be reported, period. Contact Kia if you find nobody to satisfy you. I'm sure they would be glad to hear your concerns.

Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts