Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 52 plated Kia Rio 1.3 LE with only 26,000 miles on the clock. However, the ABS and parking brake light are constantly on, even when the parking brake isn't on.

I took it into my local Kia garage and they charged me £50 to put it on the diagnostic machine, only for them to find no faults and reset the computer. The lights didn't appear for a few days, however they've come back on today and are again on constantly. Does anybody have any ideas what it could be? :( Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
If those light's are lit esp the ABS light there should have been a code set. so why did the dealer reset the computer and the light's went out and now are back on? on my 02 rio USA model non ABS the brake light comes on if the parking brake is on or you are low on brake fluid in the master cylinder I'm not sure on the 05 if it is the same.They should have found a code for the ABS light.you may have a wheel sensor that is acting up. Good luck with it. Reguard's Ronjohn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If those light's are lit esp the ABS light there should have been a code set. so why did the dealer reset the computer and the light's went out and now are back on? on my 02 rio USA model non ABS the brake light comes on if the parking brake is on or you are low on brake fluid in the master cylinder I'm not sure on the 05 if it is the same.They should have found a code for the ABS light.you may have a wheel sensor that is acting up. Good luck with it. Reguard's Ronjohn
Hi Ronjohn,

They said they looked for codes and couldn't find any. I'm going to have to take it back to the garage anyway now since the lights are back on, so I'll have to ask them. I just don't know why they'd be on if there's apparently no faults.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
I was reading my 02 book and it say's if the brake lite and the abs lite come on together the ebd unit may have failed somthind else for them to check out. Good luck with it. Reguard's Ronjohn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts