Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every one i have a 2005 cerato LD 2 litre and the fuel gauge has gone funky it reads full at full tank then drops quite quickly (about 3 times as fast as normal) til the low fuel light comes on we are driving using the odometer as a guide as i have had the car from new so i know its fuel consumption well .
i am wondering if the fuel sender is within the fuel pump or separate from above and how hard they are to replace any help greatly appreciated:)

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
hi every one i have a 2005 cerato LD 2 litre and the fuel gauge has gone funky it reads full at full tank then drops quite quickly (about 3 times as fast as normal) til the low fuel light comes on we are driving using the odometer as a guide as i have had the car from new so i know its fuel consumption well .
i am wondering if the fuel sender is within the fuel pump or separate from above and how hard they are to replace any help greatly appreciated:)
My '05 Sorento is doing the exact same thing. I get a readout about "fuel sender voltage low" which would mess with the resistance it looks for. Not sure if it's all one unit on the Spectra (Cerato) as I've not had to look at it in my wifes car, but it's very easy to replace. Pull the rear seat up, and there will be a door underneath. That is the fuel pump access door. A couple bolts and the pump will pull right out of the tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts