Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just bought a new 2005 Picanto 1.1 Auto for my wife in March.
While I must say that the waiting time is longer that other models. the car looks very sporty and cute, very suitable for lady drivers.

Problems started. The new car stalled twice monthly since I bought it. Can you imagine an auto car will just died off at a traffic junction while waiting for the lights to turn green or while waiting to turn right. I have sent to the workshop twice for check-up. I thought the nighmare was over till recently, just died off again. Sending to workshop for the 3rd time and I have not reach the 1000s mark yet for the first oil change!

Now, my wife has phobia driving it,and I am also worried as my baby girl will be with her all the time. Can you imagine if there is an on coming lorry or bus when she is making a turn and the car just died off!! Two lives are at stake.

THIS A BRAND NEW AUTO CAR, IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN AT ALL..

Anyone out there having same problems as mine?
This car is under warranty, can I ask for a replacement??
HELP please

good luck
Henry

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Henry,

I do feel sorry for you that your dealer did not solve the problem soon enough. I really hope your Picanto is do just fine now.

It sounds like your Picanto has got some faulty sensors (may be TPS) that may not have been picked up by the technician..

I like the Picanto myself and it is a great compact car with a lot of nice safety features.....enjoy it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Henry,

I've experienced the same problem at a junction this morning. Luckily, there wasn't any oncoming traffic, if not, I wouldn't be posting here.

I have demanded an explaination from Kia and hope they will revert to me asap. If not, I will bring this matter up to CASE. I'ver very worried especially after seeing your post. What if I were fetching my kids and the car suddenly stalled? Arn't our lives at stake? This will also bring an alarm to the insurance company because they are at risk of paying us too.

What explaination did Kia give you? Are you satisfied?

Hear from you soon!

Picanchoo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI
AFTER THE 4TH SERVICE AND 6 BREAKDOWNS THEY FINALLY CHANGE THE LATEST ECU PROGRAM FOR ME. SO FAR SO GOOD NO MORE BREAKDOWN AFTER THAT.

I ACTUALLY WROTE A FORMAL COMPLAIN TO C&C AND THEY GAVE ME A TEMP. CAR DURING THE LAST VISIT WHICH TOOK THEM 2 WEEKS. OVER AT THEIR END THEY CLAIMED THEY COULD NOT GET THE CAR TO STALL AS DISCRIBE BY ME.

THEY HAVE OCCURRANCE IN TAIWAN, SO AT THE END THEY CHANGE THE WHOLE ECU PROGRAM.

SPEAK TO RONNIE FRONT DESK AT UBI AT 67403829.

HE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.

HOPE ALL WILL BE WELL FOR YOU AS WELL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

You mean your car stalled for 6 times? Can't believe it! How old is your car? Mine is only 1 month old.

What is this ECU program? Did you pay for it? Mine is still under warranty.

Appreciate your reply!

Thanks,
Picanchoo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts