Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, ive had a problem with Injectors and replaced all 4 with a salvage set. Car Started ok, but on a run belched Black smoke and seemed to "pink" under load(rattle). I carried on despite belching smoke, then ABS light came on, then rear Wiper started, along with rear fan... lastly all dash lights went out although car continued to run. I nursed it hoe and on inspection #3 injector was blowing with soot all over the engine. Injector replaced and car started fine although still blacke smoke and no dash lights. the Fuse to rear heater is blowing (30amp)... is this an ECU fault or coincedence?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
I would tend to believe you have disturbed something in the wiring harness and it is now shorting to another wire or to the body/earth/ground of the car...
Look for broken insulation around the wires, pinched wires or harness, and for bad (possibly corroded) harness connections..
ECU/ECMs usually do not fail and you'll probably throw money away replacing it.

Looking at where the signs of problems will help..
ABS/Rear wiper/rear fan are getting cross wired for some reason and now the 30 amp heater fuse is blowing.. I would tend to believe that they all may be related to your being under the hood/bonnet although they may be separate problems also that showed up at the same time...
Corrosion in plugs and sockets and damaged/pinched wiring harnesses would be where I would look next and I'd logically look in the area where you were working first.
The fuel/smoke/ping problems may come from bad/wrong injectors or from the ECU/ECM not knowing the injectors have been replaced and it needing to re-learn the proper air/fuel mixture for the "new" injectors..

Carbon IS a conductor of electricity (as in carbon resistors) and can fudge up the electronics if it gets into other connections...something to think about..
Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts