Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening! My family and I are on vacation in Hilton Head, SC. We are from Ohio originally.

We arose one morning and the 4WD Low light was on and the car was, in fact, in 4 wheel drive (despite the switch indicating that we should be in 2WD.)

Later that day the check engine light came on - I took it to auto zone to get the codes and they were / are:

P0700
P1795

I went ahead and replaced the 'easy to find part' - the switch located in the dash board to the left of the steering wheel - which puts the car in 4Hi, 4Low, or 2Hi.

This did not fix the problem - although that entire afternoon the car ran in 2Hi.

When we got in the car later that evening - the 4WD Low indicator light was on again.

I have read that removing the TCCS fuse could / should force the car into 4Hi or 2Hi as a 'quick fix' until we can get back to Ohio. Is this right?

Do you have any other tips for me to get the car back to Ohio from SC - a roughly 6-700 mile drive?

I know that it would be a terrible idea to try to make the drive in 4WD Low...

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Note : I pulled the fuse and the car is now switching into Overdrive - it seems to be out of 4WD Low.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts