Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm working on a no start issue. The battery is good and I've checked the fuse and relay.
You put in the key, everything lights up like normal, but when you turn the key NOTHING:huh:. No starter noise , no click no nothing.
What are some of the know issues with these V6 Sorentos that would cause this? Brake switch ? neutral safety switch ? or just bad ignition switches?

By the way where is the starters on the v6. I've looked online but someone said it's under the engine ...another said it was on the side of the trans. :confused:

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,483 Posts
I believe it is below on the passenger side of the engine. If fuse and relay are good then the brake switch, neutral switch and starter are your next choices. If you know how, use a multimeter,disconnect the ignition wire on the starter and turn the key. If you have power then the starter is bad. No power would indicate a switch is bad. If you get real ambitious you could jumper the starter lug with the battery, but do not do it if you are unsure of which wire it is. The starter wire is the smaller wire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm kinda leaning towards a switch since this just happened out of the blue, plus she said that she smelled like something burned !? I'm thinking that one of the two switches went ....but I'll check the starter regardless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after banging on the starter a few times it finally made 2 clicks and then nothing , but that was enough to tell me what I need to know. I replaced the starter and that was it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts