Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Sedona owner. I have seen a few posts about high speed wobble. Typically an indicator of tire balance or alignment. Has anyone had a low speed wobble 5-10 mph not dramatic but enough to move the steering wheel a touch. I seldom drive the vehicle but when I do, I always notice it. It doesn't appear to be getting worse. At high speeds the vehicle rides well with no noticeable wobble. Any ideas? Tires? Rims? Calipers?

·
Registered
'04 Kia Sedona EX, '10 MBZ C300 Sport, 1.3KW Electric GoCart
109 Posts
Originally posted by bdfama@Feb 21 2005, 02:38 PM
2004 Sedona owner. I have seen a few posts about high speed wobble. Typically an indicator of tire balance or alignment. Has anyone had a low speed wobble 5-10 mph not dramatic but enough to move the steering wheel a touch. I seldom drive the vehicle but when I do, I always notice it. It doesn't appear to be getting worse. At high speeds the vehicle rides well with no noticeable wobble. Any ideas? Tires? Rims? Calipers?
Have you noticed the tread wear pattern of the front tires? When was the last time you rotated the wheels? If the outside edges are wearing with a feathered pattern, you may be experiencing the wobble associated with the normal tread wear. Also, you mentioned seldomly driving your van. The tires may be getting flat spots. I know, radial tires cured ths age old probem. Well, yes and no. If a tire sits for a long time, you will experence some flat spotting vibration until tire heats ups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a 2002 Sedona, and we have experienced this problem with 2 sets of tires. I finally have it in the shop just today having it looked at, I'll update once I learn more. It's maddening, not so bad that it feels unsafe but it feels just wrong enough to be troubling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts