Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2004 Kia Sedona. It even came with the original paper manual (sans cover), but curiously the fuse panel cover by the parking brake pedal is missing, and the power outlets don't work. I'm suspecting a blown fuse, but I can't tell which one is supposed to be for that function. I've tried searching Google for the layout, but it seems to want to give me every model and year of Kia except the 2004 Sedona.

Does anyone have the layout of the interior fuse panel, or have a 2004 Sedona and can take a picture of the inside of the panel cover? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here you go. (Note: My car is a California model, but panels should be same??)

And while I am at it, here is the fuse panel map for under the hood on 2004 KIA Sedona Cali Model

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. So it IS in the same position as in the '04 Sorento, but it's a 20 amp instead of a 15 like the Sorento has. I also found out last night that it wasn't the fuse at all, because with no load on the 12V to USB adapter, and the engine running, the light on the adapter came on. If the engine was off, or there was any load on the adapter, the light went off (from past experience, it should stay on as long as it's plugged in). I know I've got a flaky battery, so I'll go from there.

Thanks again!

Also, looking at this, it seems that there are multiple fuses for the different power sockets (one for the lighter, another for the front socket, and it looks like one for the two in the back). They would have all had to be blown for none of them to work, which is what I was experiencing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, now it's all of a sudden working when the engine is running, and sometimes a little bit after it's shut off. But once there's no load with the engine off, it shuts off (this may be a feature). I'm using the front power socket rather than the cigar lighter socket. At any rate I can run my dashcam now, and I'll just have to save up for a new battery for the thing and hope I can get it before the battery fails completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts