Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

this is my first post, i really find this forum very helpfull and this encouraged me to post this problem.

shortly after i got my rio about 6 months ago, a mercedes ran into it and partially destoyed my front bumper. the guys at the local shop replaced the damaged parts and told me that some of them needed the engine to be pulled out in order to be replaced.

this was the beginning, after i took the car from the shop, it had absolutely no power: it hardly accelerated and it was severly shaking specially when it is started.

i went to a different repair shop and i was told the following:

1- the engine did not need to be pulled out.
2- the engine was NOT firmly bolted to the body of the car.
3- two sensors wires were un-plugged.

after fixing that (and sueing the first *&$&^ shop), the car went to normal. EXCEPT that the engine sounds loud and there is a faint knocking sound. the repair guys say it is normal, but i insist that the car did not sound this way when i first got it.

does anyone have any ideas?
any help is very appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, perhaps the exhaust manifold gasket was damaged when they removed the engine. Or even the manifold itself or other exhaust parts (pre muffler). The knock? Well, I'll bet KiaMech will appear with a possibility for that one :grin: , but as for my evaluation, it could be anything. Are you sure they put the same motor in?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts